Wednesday, July 19, 2006

End of the Season...

My final show of this academic year was postponed for a week. I had been due to appear at Sedgemoor Manor Junior School in Bridgwater, a booking that had been on the books for some time. A few days before I was due there, one of the teachers at the school phoned me to say there were some problems and it was likely the day would be, at best postponed, but more likely cancelled. Eventually it was the postponement that won and I found myself on the early Tuesday morning driving up the M5 to Bridgwater. The school was relatively easy to find. The surrounding streets in Bridgwater reminded me greatly of the roads I used to drive round in Dagenham for the Essex Water Company in my previous life! The school was great and I had a group of about 100 children, of whom about 25%-30% had dressed up in some fabulous costumes. One lad was a particularly fine Jester. The day went quite well, even though the stifling heat of the hall was a little over-powering at times. The afternoon's jousting went as usual with the ladies trouncing the men!
Tuesday evening I was back at the Dinnington Docks to meet up with Matthew Applegate from Barrington Court for another "brain storming" session about future ways we can use Henry at the lovely NT site. Of course, for "brain storming" you should read "beer drinking", but it was good fun anyway. I hope Matthew made it home on his bike in his delicate state...
Wednesday. The hottest day on record in the UK. Thank God I wasn't dressed up as Henry. Another booking came in today. A re-visit to Friends School in Saffron Walden in Essex for January next. I am looking forward to that.
My wife has posted my details on the "Mumsnet" website, so hello to all Mumsnet people out there!

No comments: