Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Dean Close Prep and Chilcompton

With half term out of the way it was back on the road again for Henry this week. Monday dawned bright and early and I was up and off to Cheltenham in Gloucestershire for a visit to Dean Close Prep School. It was nice and easy to find, and the welcome I got from the teachers and kids were wonderful! A lovely school with stunning grounds all around it, a fabulous setting. The whole day took place in the school library as the main hall was booked. We had a great day - very warm! But the children showed stupendous knowledge of the Tudor period and a good time did seem to had by all. Lunch was fabulous - ham, turkey and leek pie with potatoes and carrots - delicious. The afternoon was just the jousting, but what a great tournament. The girls won by a whisker and it would appear everyone enjoyed themselves so much that I have been invited back as soon as September for another visit. I can't wait!
Tuesday morning had me heading off bright and early to St Vigor and St John's school in Chilcompton, near Radstock in north Somerset. This was another great great day. Really entertaining. The children were wonderful, particularly considering at least half of them weren't even studying the Tudors! The afternoon was very entertaining and the main jousting competition was won by the boys for a nice change. The fun teacher's race at the end of the day went down to a final quoit race off! Thrilling stuff. A thoroughly enjoyable day and school. Thank you!
Friday I am on a half day at Millfield Prep School in Glastonbury, followed by a frantic drive up to Essex to collect my new costume from Duncan in Chelmsford. Then a quick drive down to Kent to stay at my sister's house ready for an early parade on Saturday at Leeds Castle for the Jousting weekend and the saturday night banquet - even if it does involve me missing the first England match at the World Cup and the second part of a fabulous Doctor Who story. The things I do for my profession!

No comments: