Saturday, September 08, 2007

Manor Court School, Chard

The 2007/08 Educational Year started on Friday 7th September, as far as I was concerned! For the fourth year running I was back at Manor Court Junior School in Chard. For the first time though I was not being looked after by Lizzie Reynolds though - she is now the Deputy Head of the School. Instead I was with a Miss Devereux for one class, and another charming lady for the other class (sorry, I can't remember your name!). We had about 66 children in for the day and it was a good one to start the season off. I always love coming to Manor Court School, not just because of it's close proximity to my home, but because the teachers are always really good fun and the children are really nice. A good combination.
As the children were in their first week of learning the Tudors there was obviously a lack of the usual knowledge that I get with groups, but they more than made up for it with their enthusiasm - especially Harry! The morning was cut short first by an assembly, and secondly by us being invaded by some very noisy dinner ladies halfway through my final talk. However, the afternoon went really well and the jousting (won by the gents for once!) was then followed by a jokey teachers race that turned out to be the highlight of the tourney! It went to two dead heats and a play off before we managed to find a winner! Great stuff.
I loaded up the car with some help from some mini-roadies before being asked for a load of autographs from some of the children. An old gentleman walked past pushing his grandchild in a push-chair as I finished off signing the last autographs.
"Can I have your autograph?" He asked. I looked at him.
"Do you know who I am?" I said. He smiled.
"Not a clue, but you must be famous to warrant this attention."
Another good day at Manor Court. I can't wait to go back next year.

No comments: