Thursday, October 04, 2007

Friends Junior School, Saffron Walden

A return visit today. I was back at the lovely Friends Junior School in Saffron Walden for my third visit in only two years! It was so nice to see everyone again. I stayed at my parent's house in Mountnessing again the night before and drove up to the school via the A414, Harlow and the M11.
As usual I was doing the day in the old "Scout Hut" out the back of the school, but the wind wasn't howling like a banshee this time around (see previous blog entries about my visits to Friends School), and we were instead treated to a delightfully warm day with dappled sunshine giving every impression that we were in the middle of June/July, rather than early October.
The morning session was fun, with a slightly quieter group than normal, but they more than made up for the lack of noise after lunch, none more so than during the jousting session, which was a belter! For the first time in a while, the ladies stormed to an historic victory, but everyone seemed to have a good time.
I am now back at my parents, preparing for tomorrow's trip to the St Anne Line RC School in Basildon. My sister-in-law Maria is a TA there, so that should be fun! Read all about it tomorrow.

No comments: