Tuesday, October 14, 2008

St Cecillia's RC School, North Cheam (again)

Yet another bright and early start, this time up to St Cecillia's RC Junior School in East Cheam near Sutton in Surrey, which I think every year when I do this blog I make a joke about it being a hard job to pronounce such a place when you have a lisp. But I am not going to do that joke this year.
I was a silly King yesterday. I left my silver topped cane at King's Somborne School in Hampshire, and it really felt like I had lost a limb today, so used am I to using it as a prop during the days. So it looks like a return visit to King's Somborne is on the cards to get it back!
The journey this morning was nice and easy, despite a few snarl ups on the dear old beloved M25. I arrived at the school about half an hour early, so parked outside and promptly had a snooze for the next 30 minutes! It was lovely to be back at St Cecillia's which is a delightful school. All the usual friendly faces were there, especially Anne who always books me, and the children were, as ever in some fantastic costumes and were full of enthusiasm and laughter for all the silliness that took place. The afternoon session was particularly loud and culminated in yet another stunning jousting tournament which the ladies romped home with today to make our ongoing score now:
GENTLEMEN 4 - 6 LADIES
Makes for very interesting reading. So come on chaps, time to strike back for the good of mankind!
I think John Summers reads this blog almost religiously. After publishing the blog yesterday and mentioning him, he texted me about 45 seconds later. Worrying. However, he is still a lovely chap and a good egg, but I would still rather be locked in a lift with Darlene and Helen, nothing personal, John!
Tomorrow, I am at Friends School in Saffron Walden in Essex. Another day in the scout hut, no doubt!

No comments: