Tuesday, May 12, 2009

TAGGED! An Award for Good King Hal!

I have been, or I should say, my Blog here has been nominated, or awarded, or just plain given the above award - Kreativ Blogger, by the deeply lovely, wonderful and closely related to me, Moonroot! You can check out her extremely funky groovy blog at http://moonroot.blogspot.com/ as it is always fulfilling and entertaining. Apparently what I need to do now is name seven things that I really like, and then list seven other Blogs that I frequently read and nominate them or tag them for the awards. (See? I really don't know what I'm doing. Have pity on a poor old Tudor monarch who has lost his marbles). The problem is I don't read many other blogs so I think I might struggle to find seven I can nominate/tag/hit with a big stick. But what the heck, here goes...
First of all, seven favourite things I like!
  1. My son James - who is just so beautiful, gorgeous, fun, cuddly, brilliant and wonderful.
  2. The fact that summer is coming. We haven't had a summer for over two years now and despite being someone who usually loves winter, I have had enough. Lets have a proper summer please.
  3. Cricket! OH JOY! It is an Ashes summer! Is it too much to hope that we can trounce the antipodean swines again? Probably not, but then it has never stopped us hoping in the past. I personally think the ECB should ponder the idea of stationing a few snipers on the higher parts of the Test ground pavilions. Then should an Aussie batsman start looking a bit tasty someone can give the signal and the marksman can blow his helmet off at 500 yards. (Nasty). But it will take his mind off batting I can assure you. The marksman can also pick off any Australian fielders who look like they might be a bit good as well. Anything to even up the playing field...
  4. My family. I don't think my wife, parents, and sisters have any idea how much I love them all, and how important their friendship is to me. They are all wonderful and for once I would like to make public my love of them. (And despite this grovelling I really don't owe them vast sums of money).
  5. The group XTC. Just joy, sheer unbridled joy that they existed at all and that they recorded such life affirming clever, beautiful music.
  6. Writing and playing music. I have suffered for my music, so I make sure everyone else does as well...
  7. Doing the job I do. I am very very lucky - I know that. And I love every single second I am doing it.

Now the tricky bit. Seven blogs to nominate....

  1. Order and Chaos. Try it at http://pagangracecat.blogspot.com/
  2. Random Thinks is by Liz Bennett the wonderful lady who looks after my main website. You can catch her at http://somerandomthinks.blogspot.com/
  3. Giles London is Giles Coren, only funny. Try his outlandish restaurant reviews at http://gileslondon.blogspot.com/ And he and I are not related at all...
  4. Have a bash at http://teamspiritnovel.blogspot.com/ which is an on line comedy novel some big ginger bloke is writing. I don't know him at all....
  5. Er...
  6. That's it.
  7. Cont. p.94

Pathetic I know. Sorry. I just don't really have much time for reading blogs. FORGIVE ME!

No comments: