Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Trull-y, madly, deeply...

It was another return visit today, almost a year on from the day I last visited Trull Primary School. From reading my old blog entry from a year ago, it seems we had the same weather today as we did then - bright and sunny, but piercingly cold.
I was warmly greeted as ever and the morning cup of tea was extremely welcome on this cold start. I was back in the main hall at Trull, which is a little like North Petherton in that it retains some elements of it's Victorian original school, but all is gleaming, brand new and bang up to date inside. I set up my stuff in the main hall and then was shown to my luxury dressing room - namely the school library. I don't think I have ever had such a large room all to myself for getting changed in. A complete opposite to the tiny toilet cubicle I had to try and use when I did the Education Exhibition up at the NEC. Also in the library was a Yamaha Clavinova electric piano and something I would very much like someone to buy for me for my birthday! Added to which it was switched on! I had a little tinkle on the ivories and it was lovely... As my son James would say, "I NEEED IT!"
The day itself was a belter, probably the best I have done this January so far. Lots of laughs and some good questions from the children. All of the costumes were fabulous, with even the teachers and TA's looking most impressive. The jousting was a really good session and the young ladies once more triumphed over their male counterparts. Normality, it seems, has been achieved.
I have had a letter from Leeds Castle today asking me back in October for a series of new Henry talks, and I am hopefully being filmed by the BBC in the beginning of February for a BBC3 documentary in the Spring. Watch this space for more...

No comments: