Thursday, May 04, 2006

Christchurch Junior School

Now, I know some people might be reading this blog tonight as it was mentioned at the school today! It was lovely to be back for my second day at Christchurch Junior School again today. Such a nice group - lovely kids and friendly teachers who seem to always be having birthdays in the staff room with piles of cakes all round. I really must go there more often. Another good group today, not as noisy as yesterday's lot, but good all the same. We had some laughs and fun with the stocks again and the jousting was once again of a very high standard. The girls triumphed again, much to the annoyance of the boys, but I have to point out to them that this is not as uncommon as it might seem. "My Lord Benjamin" was put in the stocks and endured his punishment with great dignity - what a trouper!
The drive home was lovely, through bright warm sunshine. Perhaps summer really is a-coming in. Just checked all my messages and worked out I have to make about 15 phone calls to various schools tomorrow. Tomorrow is, after all, my first free day in about 3 weeks! Another confirmed booking today at Daubney Middle School in Bedford on the 11th July.
And now for a well earned bath and a glass of wine. Smashing!

No comments: