Thursday, January 22, 2009

New Horizons

After a very pleasant long weekend spent with my parents in another futile effort to drink Somerset dry, it is now a case of "And Now For Something Completely Different". Well, mostly different anyway.
I have this weekend in Essex visiting all and sundry, when I will then head north, like a brave little King, proper north. Not just north of Watford, we are talking seriously north. North with a capital N. A right Royal NORTH if you will. For I am heading to Whitby. Whitby! Home of Dracula and an Abbey. Whitby! Full of steep streets and aggressive seagulls. Whitby! Where I had the finest fish and chips I have ever tasted. It was nearly 15 years ago and I haven't been back since, but I am quite looking forward to the visit, if not the journey there and back. I will be appearing on the Monday at Lythe Primary School, which makes them sound very supple. On the Sunday night and the Monday night I am staying at the Ellerby Inn Hotel in...er...Ellerby, which has been recommended to me by Helen Isaacs, the teacher who booked me for the event. It should be very exciting and a whole new chapter to the Good King Hal story.
So, off to Yorkshire I go. I better have my innoculations first and, pausing only to thrust a whippet and a ferret down my slacks, I shall adjust my flat cap and head north. Waggons roll!

1 comment:

Moonroot said...

Bon Voyage! :-)