Monday, February 23, 2009

Richmond Avenue, Shoeburyness

And lo, he did waketh up and the snow it had gone - mostly. Whereas a few hours earlier it looked like a scene from Scott of the Antarctic, there had now been a fairly sizeable thaw. However, the A127 down into Southend and off to Shoeburyness was horrific. Stop start snarled up traffic. But I finally got to Richmond Avenue and it was worth the effort. I forgot just how much fun this school is. I was warmly greeted as ever by the lovely people there and we had a great day. As it was the last day before half term there was a bit of a wild atmosphere amongst the children, but in a nice way and they really got into the whole show.
After a great lunch (baked potato again!) it was into the hall for the mad afternoon. Great fun is had by all and a really good jousting tournament went right to the wire and, looking back over more than a week ago, I honestly can't remember who won! But whoever it was they were very good.
I went back to see my wife and son, and then headed off down the M25 to Kent and a stay at my sister's house near Sittingbourne in preparation for nine days at Leeds Castle and the Big Dig...

No comments: