Sunday, January 22, 2006

A Silent King? Worse than a Butler's revenge!

Hello. Yes, I know, I know. Months pass by and not a new blog in sight. Sorry. Well here is the latest missive to let you know what has been happening in the world of your King.
My first Henry back after the new year break was at Enmore Primary School up near Bridgwater. This was on the 12th January. My trusty old Toyota Lucida was in dire need of a new battery, but with us being at the hands of Lloyds TSB's less than tender mercies there was no way I could afford one. So all the Henry gear had to be stowed into my wife's Toyota Corolla - and it fitted pretty well. Enmore is difficult to find and is quite disturbingly small and spaced out. But the school was lovely, the people very warm and welcoming and the kids were terrific. Yet another good day.
Amanda and I have been doing all the mail shots of late and have been attempting to branch the business out into new areas, so it was very rewarding when we picked up our first bookings in Devon and Cornwall. A booking for Tiverton in May and Exeter in March covering Devon, and a booking for Truro in June for Cornwall - but with more to come. Matthew Applegate of Barrington Court was back in touch with the possibility of having me make a three day visit over the last weekend in April and the May Day Bank Holiday. Sounds good to me.
It is now less than three weeks until I start at Leeds Castle in Kent. I can't wait! I have also been foisting myself upon various local media, such as Radio, TV and Newspapers. I did a brief radio interview with Orchard FM and BBC TV might be interested in doing a local slot about me sometime soon, but we shall see.
All in all, Lloyds TSB aside, this has been a very positive start to the new year. Now I just have my tax return to complete (ARRRRRGH!) and a visit tomorrow back to Brookside School in Street, near Glastonbury. I last visited them back in September 2004, but it will be good to get back. Night night!

No comments: