Saturday, September 16, 2006

Manor Court School, Chard

Friday 15th September was a return visit to Manor Court School in Chard. This was my third annual visit to this school and I reckon the children there just keep getting better and better. There must have been about 60 of them for the visit and they were great! Sparky, bright and ready to laugh and learn - perfect for a Good King Hal day! It was lovely to see Lizzie Reynolds again, who always makes me so welcome there and is such a nice lady. This was my first full day at a school for a while and I reckon it went quite well. I am suffering a little at the moment with a chest infection I have picked up from my son, but apart from a few alarming hacks the voice and chest stood up to the day quite well.
One or two of the children were keen to show off their Henry VIII and Tudors knowledge and Lizzie should be proud of them as they have only been learning about this period in time for a short while.
We had to take a short break during the middle of the morning as the hall was needed for an assembly, but the rest of the day seemed to whiz past for me. My usual saunter down the road to Somerfield to buy some lunch was pleasant and the afternoon a real riot. As usual the ladies triumphed in the jousting, much to the annoyance of the boys team!
I was paid on the day, something I always appreciate, and then it was just the case of a small drive home and a nice evening sipping some wine and relaxing. A good day! Thanks again, Manor Court School. See you next year.

No comments: