Thursday, May 10, 2007

Done it. It's in. It will never leave again...

The sofa is in. How we did it, I don't really know. It has been outside all day in the pouring rain under a temporary lash up to stop too much water spilling on to it. Our friend Ian Thomas from Kingstone came over in his van to help out. He was so confident that the sofa would be in our house within a few minutes that he actually left the engine running on his van. Fool!
This move took two heart-attacks, three hernias, four tantrums, a load of scraped paint, a broken door bell, a scuffed painting by my father and a partridge in a pear tree.
How the Polar Bear looks in the picture is how I feel right now. But the sofa is in. It is soaked, so I am now going to have to sit here gently wafting warm air over it from my wife's hair dryer, but it is in. And believe me, if we ever move - it stays here!
Tomorrow - for a rest I am off to West Pennard School near Glastonbury, for a return visit to Ian Gouge and his lovely year 5 class. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Moonroot said...

Some people just don't learn from their elder sisters' mistakes! Glad you finally got it in. And I love the photo of the bear! There are days when I feel like that...