Wednesday, March 04, 2009

BBC Somerset Have Your Say!

Taunton - again! Back on the old A358, there must be a song title in there somewhere. I had been invited back to appear on BBC Somerset with Emma Britton on her morning show, the opening part of the show being called "Have Your Say". It is still much like the format of the old show with Jo Phillips, only now they only have two panel members per session and there is much more participation from listeners phoning in and joining in the discussion. My fellow panel member today was a lovely lady from Bridgwater Amateur Operatic Society who is putting on a production of "Hello Dolly" in the near future. She was terribly enthusiastic and good fun to be with. I hope I was too!
The general topic today was are we more inclined towards closer ties with America or with Europe, which as you can expect we got nowhere near to solving. But it was good to hear other people's opinions on the subject. After I had finished at the radio station I drove over to Street and treated myself to some new clothes and stopped off briefly in Somerton where I treated myself even more with some lovely fish and chips!
I have done little else for the rest of the day aside from convince myself that I need to do a load of tidying up before my sister Susan arrives on Friday. Yes. I really must. Tomorrow probably.

No comments: