Friday, November 02, 2007

Compton Dundon School

It was a first day at a new school for me today. I was up to Compton Dundon near Somerton for an early start at the cute little school up there. If you remember I had appeared at Compton Dundon Village Hall as part of the Royal Progress Tour back in August.
It was a cold and foggy start to the morning, but this soon gave way to dazzling sunshine and beautiful views in this delightful part of rural Somerset. I arrived at the school at the same time as the Head Teacher, Mrs Thomas, who let me in. It was only 20 children today across a range of years 3, 4 and 5, but they were a wonderfully well behaved group and had some truly great Tudor knowledge.
I was very honoured this day that I was one of the very first people to "Christen" the new Staff Room at this school as it had just been finished!
At lunch time I drove up to Glastonbury to get some petrol and some lunch, before heading back for a wild and fun afternoon. The jousting was particularly memorable as a big group of parents and the whole of the reception class came in to watch as well. True to form, the ladies stormed to a great win and took the applause of the assembled parents and children.
OK, I now have Saturday at leisure before hacking off again on Sunday across to the east of the country for a week of appearances in Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Essex. The things I do for my country!

No comments: