Thursday, November 15, 2007

Knightwood Primary, Chandlers Ford

Back to one of my favourite schools this morning - Knightwood Primary School, in Chandler's Ford on the edge of Southampton. Driving down towards Southampton brought back many memories of working at Skandia Life in the City there. Thankfully most of the memories are good ones. I can't believe I used to make that journey every day though - 70+ miles in each direction, five days a week, though sometimes more if I was working weekends. I am so glad that I don't work there now.
The drive down was lovely to begin with. After encountering some thick fog around Crewkerne, the morning dawned piercingly cold and bright as I drove along the A303. I listened to the Big Country track "Winter Sky" which was the perfect soundtrack to this crystal clear icey morning sun rise.
It was nice to be back at Knightwood. The teachers were as ever wonderfully welcoming and friendly, the children were nearly all interested and enthusiastic, and all dressed in wonderful costumes. The afternoon jousting session was another fine advertisment for how team work prevails. The gentlemen just edging to victory in a tense climax.
Tomorrow I have a day off as I am off to hospital for a little operation. However, Monday I am back on duty again, this time down in Hove in Sussex for the first time.

No comments: