Monday, April 16, 2007

And the winner is...

So, I have now been on Steve Wright in the Afternoon, and the "Big Quiz". Last week's champnio (sic) came on first, a very nice lady, but sadly for me she sounded like a genius and rattled through her questions very quickly. I have to say I feared the worst. And then it was my turn. I answered as many as I could and finally got one wrong after the "one wrong and you're out" sound and felt I hadn't quite done enough. After another lengthy wait the results were announced... I had won - by one point. What a relief! I couldn't believe it. I won all the prizes this fine lady had accumulated last week and I have to say I felt a bit guilty. Then Steve Wright's assistant, the glamorous Tim Smith, told me what my personal prize was - namely a years supply of Broccoli! Much guffawing from my wife and the people in the studio. However she was a bit more impressed when it was announced I had won a top of the range cast iron wok to cook it all in! Finally they asked me if I would like to come back tomorrow. I said yes! So please tune in again tomorrow to BBC Radio 2, 88 to 91FM, at about a quarter to four and cheer on your favourite Tudor monarch for another attempt to win more prizes from Steve Wright...

No comments: