Thursday, October 20, 2005

Bilby's

Got them! Got them! Got them! Yes, I finally managed to get to New Huish Park in Yeovil and purchased the aforementioned tickets for the Yeovil Town v Nottingham Forest match this Saturday. £30 for two tickets. Thank God I don't live near Stamford Bridge. While at the ground I decided to do some investigation work. My late Grandfather, Stan Farley, had often told us of the handful of matches he played for Yeovil Town in the late 20's and early 30's. They have just released a book about the history of Yeovil Town and there is masses of information in this book about who played for them and when. Everyone who has made a first team appearance for the Glovers should be mentioned. I went through the book with the Yeovil Town press officer. My Grandfather wasn't in it. Either the author had got his details wrong, or Stan had been fibbing. I hate to think what the actual answer is.
When I got back home, my poor wife was very under the weather with a stinking cold and all she wanted to do was go back to bed. So I took James over the Ilminster for a visit to our usual hang out - Bilby's cafe. Lovely, had our usual of ham, egg and chips, and James did his usual toddler job of charming the pants off the waitresses, Penny and Wendy.
Back home, there are messages for me from Robert Kett Junior School in Wymondham in Norfolk who want to see me in November, and an email from the very wonderful Willow Foundation Charity saying they have added my details to their records, should anyone happen to want to meeet Henry VIIIth. Tomorrow is nice a relatively local - a day at Long Sutton School near Langport. Lovely!

No comments: