Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A new blog has begun!

How difficult is it to start a blog? By my reckoning - very! I had been wanting to add a blog to my website for ages, but I had little knowledge of setting one up. I therefore waited to ask Steve "font of all knowledge" French, who looks after my website, and he had no idea what one was either. The blind leading the blind! I wanted this blog to show what happens in the world of Good King Hal, Henry VIIIth look-a-like and re-enactor par excellence! Therefore you can now check back every day and see what has been occurring.

It has been a hectic few weeks for me really. I have picked up a nice booking to go to Leeds Castle in Kent for the February half term next year - all nine days! Then I was asked by the BBC to take part in the "Rolf on Art - The Big Event" day at Trafalgar Square, London. This involved the re-creation of Holbein's lost masterpiece of Henry VIII, painted by many different artists to build up into a gigantic portrait of the famous Tudor monarch. It was a great day, but exhausting. It was nice to meet the other Henry VIIIth's and compare costumes.

I have been back visiting schools again since the summer holidays finished. Seeing some old friends again at places like Manor Court School in Chard and Blean School near Canterbury in Kent, and some new venues such as West Flegg School in Martham near Great Yarmouth, Friends School in Saffron Walden, All Saints C of E at Great Oakley near Harwich, Puriton School near Bridgwater, Somerset, Hillhouse School in Waltham Abbey and Knightwood School at Chandlers Ford in Hampshire. We had good days at all of these.

Well, the King shall be cheering England on again this evening against Poland. I might threaten Sven-Goran Eriksson with be-heading if we lose, so watch this space for more. Tomorrow? A very early morning and a drive up to High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire to visit Godstowe Prep School. I am looking forward to it!

No comments: