Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Compton Dundon - The Royal Progress pt 2

And so the second day of the Royal Progress tour dawned - all wet and windy! After being roused by my son James at 5.30am (that's him out of the will), my wife and I dropped him over at his nursery and then headed to Taunton for my appearance on BBC Somerset's morning discussion panel. We arrived at the studio slightly late, but had to choose a news story from a pile of papers. I plumped for a story from The Times about Great Western Railways attempts to appease disgruntled passengers complaining about their appalling punctuality by employing a pink haired poet to travel the network reading poems to the annoyed customers. Yes, that's what I thought as well... The other panel members were Ian, a Tae Kwon Do instructor from Bridgwater, and Jill, an Alexander technique practitioner from Wiveliscombe. It went very well and Jess, the presenter I spoke to the other night on the Drive programme, was very pleased with our contributions. I was told afterwards that if ever I wanted to be back on the show, just ask! Very nice...
The afternoon show at Compton Dundon wasn't quite so successful. Absolutely no children turned up, but luckily 11 adults braved the elements, and really enjoyed the show! Laughs aplenty and loads of questions afterwards. They even had a go at the hobby horse jousting at the end, which very predictably the women won!
Next stage of the tour is at Stoke-sub-Hamdon Memorial Hall on Thursday afternoon.

No comments: